Buying and selling real estate can be the most important transaction undertaken in your lifetime. It is therefore imperative you have confidence in dealing with not only real estate agents and financial institutions, but in your conveyancer or legal representative.
Williams Roncolato ensure you are informed of the processes from the early stages of negotiations with the agent right through to final settlement and handing over of keys. We service all areas of New South Wales with a focus on Sydney, Greater Sydney, the Hunter and Lake Macquarie Regions.
SELLING YOUR HOME
When selling your home there are matters that you should be aware of such as: –
- Preparation of your Contract for Sale
- Disclosure of information to prospective purchasers
- Notification to your lender that you have sold your property and require to discharge your mortgage
Final completion of settlement and notification of government authorities of the property’s sale.
When purchasing a property it is important that you are aware from day one of the processes involved:
- Pre-exchange property searches such as building, pest and strata reports and any other due diligence investigations
- Obtaining financial approval prior to entering into your contract
- Satisfying yourself as to all matters relating to the contract for sale
- Proceeding to exchange of contracts
- Approving and signing of mortgage documentation from your lender
- Preparation for settlement including adjustment of council, water rates and other levies charged on the land
- Settlement of your purchase and handing over of keys
These processes are again set out in step-by-step format so as to take away any confusion and allow you to deal with the more practical aspects of your purchase such as the connection of essential services and moving arrangements.
If you have any conveyancing questions please feel free to contact either Paul Roncolato or Alissa Lawrie.